What we do
Bristol Avon Rivers Trust (BART) exists to help you protect and improve your river in many ways, including:
- Re-naturalising riverside and in-channel habitat to increase diversity and numbers of fish, flora and wildlife.
- Collaborating in or managing agricultural land management projects for river water quality and habitat benefits.
- Bringing people together who have a common interest in a healthy functioning river system.
- Identifying funding sources and matching them to known local needs.
- Providing education to help people better understand and protect their rivers.
The River Catchment
This is the area over which BART operate. This predominately follows the course of the Bristol Avon and all tributaries that flow into it. As you can see, it is a large area, so do not take the word Bristol too literally!