This project is funded by the Environment Agency as a continuation of the Bristol Frome Pollution Project completed last year on behalf of the Bristol Avon Catchment Partnership. The aim is to maintain focus on improvements within the Bristol Frome and it’s tributaries which will lead to improved ecological status.
This project will focus on two main areas:
- Farm advisory visits
- Follow up visits to previously visited farms
- An inventory of future capital farm improvements
In-stream habitat improvements
- In stream habitat improvements by BART with local community assistance
- An investigation into improving the upper reaches of the river for the benefit of wild brown trout.
- An investigation of structures having an impounding effect on the river and those that are barriers to fish migration.
In-stream habitat works will take place from 20th-24th February and the 27th Feb-3rd March. If you are interested in volunteering, please get in touch with our Project Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org